Concours D'elegance DrustaR
We live in times where our everyday lives are getting more convenient, and each new innovation renders the previous one obsolete. The technological discoveries, either in communication or transportation, allow for a trend of fast usage and less mindful care towards our material possessions. The retro vehicle is the antithesis of this philosophy – an irreplaceable and intricate manifestation of the craftsmanship and aesthetic values of its time. This attraction and appreciation for the past genius in the field of culture and design is evidenced by the numerous trends that return these oldschool elements. Vintage style and retro have long been in vogue, bringing gentle nostalgia and a coquettish sense of timelessness. The retro car carries not only these visual references, it is an experience. A journey through time that gives us, lovers and passionate collectors, a short escape from reality, in which we can enjoy and appreciate the boundless mastery behind cars.
Style and good taste never go out of fashion. The vision and sound of a Mustang are what the little black dress is for the ladies who ride in it. What makes our Concours D’Elegance even more memorable is the luxurious and picturesque location of the upcoming show. Among the beautiful landscapes and the tranquility of the Bulgarian nature, you will be able to enjoy the wonderful cuisine, the exciting planned events and the amenities of RIU PRAVETS RESORT. The participants in the event are always carefully selected with special requirements, guaranteeing the unique selection of retro cars. Visitors and the audience will be able to take advantage of the various access packages to witness an unforgettable weekend, and the excitement is guaranteed with the accompanying elements such
as retro clothing and the impressive jury panel. We look forward to seeing you with great pleasure between September 10 and 12, 2021.
About the competition
As in every year, the selection of cars for the competition is being carefully chosen, where each participant receives an individual invitation. The criteria are very high, which guarantees the high level of the Concours and justifies the interest it has from media, collectors and the audience. Last but not least – the jury panel consists of some of the best specialists in the area of historical vehicles in Europe.
• Audience Award;
• The most authentic car;
• Best restoration-studio;
• The big prize of the contest –
“The best of the show”
CLASSES AND AWARDS
• Antebellum closed car – “Dinosaurs on the road”
• Antebellum open cars – “Wind in the hair ‘
• Post-war sedan – “The World Is Big”
• Post-war convertibles – “Journey to the twilight”
• Post-war carriages – “The power is back”
• Iconic models of the 20th century – “When dreams come true”
• Post-war cars from Eastern Europe – “The red flag gave birth to us”
• Custom cars – “Flight of Fantasy”
• Class Porsche – “Born winners”
• 14.00 – Accommodation and arranging of the vehicles.
• 14.00 – Welcome drink on the balcony next to the lake.
• 19.00 – Dinner with buffet and live music in restaurant “The Lake”.
• We offer party night in the piano bar with live music as a finish for the night.
• 9.00-16.00 – Inspection of the cars from the jury and a day for the audience.
• 12.00-16.00 – Gourmet lunch.
• 17.00 – Start of the car presentations and the award ceremony. Dress code: Creative outfits, according to the car’s era.
• 20.00 – Gala dinner in Pravets hall. Dress code: Gatsby Night.
• Free programme and departures.
BY VILI ZHELEVA
Concours D’elegance DrustaR
RIU PRAVETS RESORT
Only those who have received an invitation from the organizor can be allowed to participate in the competition. The should submit an application form and pay the participation fee before the 10th of August, 2021. The fee is 680 BGN per person.
THE FEE FOR PARTICIPATION INCLUDES:
• Welcome drink on 10.09.
• Dinner with buffet in restaurant The Lake on 10.09.
• Lunch at the gourmet quiosks on 11.09.
• Gala dinner in Pravets hall on 11.09.
• Materials about the competition.
• Two nights with included breakfast in a double room at Riu Pravets Resort
• Free use of the thermal zone SPA center, indoor pool and gym, parking and internet connection.
For your convenience, you have the pleasure of serving guests to include Quintessenrely Bulgaria, the No. 1 professional concierge in the world. For reservations, consultations, assistance and any requirements you have, the team is available for assistance on working days from 9:00 to 17:00 by phone +359 888 702 558, as well as by email Maria.Vasileva@Quintessenrely.com
RIU PRAVETS RESORT
GOLF & SPA RESORT
The hotel is a harmonious supplement to the horizons and landscapes surrounding it. The panorama to the lake and the golf course on the opposite bank of the lake as well as the picturesque slopes of Stara Planina surround the hotel placing it at the centre of a magnificent picture which calms down, conquers and inspires. The cosy atmosphere offers great conditions for complete relaxation and successful business meetings. Moreover, we are at your disposal to satisfy all the needs, requirements and caprices of even the most demanding of our guests. Designed by Peter Harradine, the parklandstyle golf course boasts spectacular views of the local mountains and lake framed by the impressive Riu Pravets Resort Hotel. Hotel RIU Pravets Resort is located 50 km away from Sofia – easily accessible, only 45 minutes’ drive on Hemus highway and yet distant enough from the daily stress of the big city.